This recipe creates the most delicious, soft in the middle chocolate cookies. I have tweaked the recipe over many years and it’s my ‘go to’ recipe for a satisfying treat.
Very quick to make and cook, these cookies can be ready to eat in 20 minutes. They are best eaten still warm (although they keep beautifully for a couple of days).
Here’s what you need to make 12 cookies.
210g self raising flour
225g caster sugar
15g cocoa powder
125g stork or butter
60g -150g of chocolate chunks
Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan). Pop some greaseproof paper on 2 baking trays.
1. Mix the sugar and butter together with a spoon.
2. Stir in the egg and vanilla until completely combined.
3. Add the flour and cocoa powder and stir until a dough forms.
4. Add the chocolate chunks and stir again. (The amount is up to you! I use 60g as my family like less chunks. If you like lots of choc chunks add more like 150g.)
5. Make 12 equal(ish) sized balls and put onto the trays. Give them space as they will spread when cooking.
6. Cook for approx 10mins.
7. Take out the oven and allow to cool for a few mins and firm up a little. Best eaten warm! But delicious for a few days.
If you give the cookies a try please let me know what you think.
I have several variations on this recipe for different flavoured cookies which I will share soon.