A guide to make a little flower sheep cake in the same style as the Little Peach Cakery hedgehog cake. Ideal for birthdays and baby showers this little cake looks impressive and is straight forward to make.
You will need:
A tall 5 inch cake with domed top
Buttercream (250g butter with 500g icing sugar 1/2 tsp vanilla)
Small amount of white fondant and black fondant
A few tools including knife, rolling pin, ball tool, smoother
A small selection of piping tips, including a nifty nozzle /russian tip. Available from http://www.sugarandcrumbs.com
Pink edible dust
1. Cook a deep 5 inch cake or 2 shallow cakes. Allow to cool.
2. Divide the cake into even layers and fill with buttercream.
3. Crumb coat the cake with a layer of buttercream.
4. Roll out a small amount of fondant and cut an oval face.
5. Stick face to front of the cake. Use a ball tool to mark position of the eyes. Use one edge of a small circle cutter to make a nose shape. Use a knife to mark under the nose. Dust with a little edible pink.
6. Colour several bags of buttercream. Pipe flowers on cake starting with the nifty nozzles and swirls.
7. Pipe small drop flowers to fill all gaps.
8. Roll 4 small sausages for legs and mark the feet with a knife. Dust feet with a little edible pink. Roll two small black eyes.
9. Make small pear shapes for ears.
Finished! I hope you find this tutorial useful. I’m always happy to answer questions. You can find me @littlepeachcakery on Instagram and Facebook.