To decorate these gorgeous horse cupcakes you will need:
6 chocolate cupcakes
Small amount of vanilla buttercream
Brown food colouring
Tylose powder (to firm the sugarpaste – not essential)
Two round cutters or rose cutters
Star piping tip
1. Start by making the horses ears as the longer you let these dry the firmer they will be. If you can leave them overnight that would be ideal.
Using the larger cutter cut 12 dark brown circles. Use the smaller cutter to cut 12 light brown circles. Stick the smaller circle onto the larger and carefully fold length ways. Pinch the top slightly and squeeze together the base of the ear.
Here is a video of how I use 2 rose cutters to easily create the ears. For the horse ears I used brown and light brown sugarpaste with tylo to help firm them.
2. Make the horse’s eyes by rolling small equal sized balls of dark sugarpaste.
3. To make the mussle, use a small grape sized ball and slightly flatten to oval. Use a tool or end of a brush to make the nostril dents.
4. Pipe the chocolate buttercream stars all over the cupcake.
5. Pipe the vanilla buttercream where you’d like the horses markings to be.
6. Gently push the ears into the buttercream.
7. Place the mussle on and the eyes.
8. Pipe a fringe in between the ears using the same star tip.
9. You can use a dap of edible white paint or edible glaze to give the eyes a light reflection.
And that’s the cupcakes finished. I hope you found this tutorial helpful and happy baking to you.
You can follow my creations on Facebook and Instagram, just search @littlepeachcakery.