Learn how to bake your own cake pizza by following this easy guide. The flavour and decoration is up to you! Here I have decorated with a buttercream flowers including using nifty nozzles (russian piping tips). The cake pizza idea is by @cakes.n.sprinkles on Instagram.
10 hole silicon cake pizza mould
1 cupcake case
Cake release spray (ideally)
Piping tips and bags
11 inch or larger cake board
350g butter or stork baking block
350g self raising flour
7 medium eggs
1.5 tsp vanilla
2 tbs milk
(for chocolate cake add 35g cocoa powder)
*you may need more depending on your design
250g unsalted butter
500g icing sugar
1 – 2 tsp of milk or cooled boiled water
(for chocolate buttercream add 20g cocoa powder)
1. Preheat oven to 140°C (fan oven).
2. Mix the butter and sugar.
3. Add eggs and vanilla.
4. Add flour and mix well.
5. Add the milk and mix until all combined and smooth.
6. Grease the cake mould, I use cake release spray but you could use butter to grease.
7. Fill a piping bag with the cake batter and cut the end off the bag. This will allow you to fill the sections of the mould much easier then with a spoon. Try to fill evenly.
8. Don’t forget to half fill the cupcake case.
9. Bake the cupcake for approx 30 minutes and the cake pizza slices for approx 50 – 60 minutes. All ovens vary so keep an eye on the cakes. You want them to bounce back when pressed on top and a skewer to come out clean when poked into the cake.
10. Allow the cakes to completely cool in the mould.
11. Using a knife carefully trim any excess from the tops of the cakes so that they are level with the cake mould.
12. Gently separate the cakes from the mould and push them out from the bottom.
13. Cut the individual cakes in half and pipe in the buttercream filling. Use a dab of buttercream to secure the cake to the board if needed. With the cupcake in the centre.
14. Add the buttercream or decorations as desired to the top of the cake. I used piped flowers and leaves.
This cake will be best eaten within 1-2 days of baking. Store at cool room temperature.
I hope you found this guide helpful. I will be making a chocolate overload version of the cake pizza soon. I’ll pop a pic on here once it’s finished.